Hitachi portable 500GB G-DRIVE slim USB 3.1 Type-C External SSD from G-Technology allows you to access data quickly and efficiently using solid-state drive technology and USB 3.1 Type-C connectivity. This SSD has lightweight aluminum case with storage capacity of 500GB, allowing you to store a variety of files, including movies, photos, music, documents, and more. Using its 10 Gb/s USB 3.1 interface, which is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 2, data can be transferred at speeds up to 540 MB/s. While this drive has been built with a reversible USB Type-C connector, meaning that the USB Type-C cable can be inserted either right-side up or upside down, it may also be used on systems with Thunderbolt 3, since USB Type-C and Thunderbolt 3 utilize the same interface.
The G-DRIVE slim comes formatted for Mac, but is also compatible with Windows via a simple reformat. The drive is bus powered through its USB cable, meaning that no other external power sources are required for operation, and its plug-and-play compatibility means that no drivers are required for use.
- 500GB Storage Capacity
- USB 3.1 Type-C Interface
- Sleek and lightweight aluminum case
- Plug-and-play Mac operation
- Bus power eliminates the need for a separate power connection
- fast data transfers up to 10 Gb/s USB 3.1 Type-C and SSD
- Time Machine compatible
- Mac & Windows Compatible with Reformatting
- Compatible with most systems featuring Thunderbolt 3, USB Type-C, or USB 3.0