The Travelstar 4K120 is the first 2.5-inch hard drive to utilize the ATA/ATAPI-7 standard as well as the AV Streaming Command Set, trademarked by Hitachi as Smooth Stream Technology. Hitachi introduced Smooth Stream on its 3.5-inch Deskstar 7K400 product line and now incorporates that industry-leading expertise in Travelstar drives. When Smooth Stream is enabled, the Travelstar 4K120 offers cooler and quieter operation for challenging A/V environments that require less power, noise or a smaller footprint. Hitachi enhances the storage options available for consumer electronics devices that require high quality audio and video at maximum value with the Travelstar 4K120.
- Nearly 50 percent more performance than systems with 4200-RPM drives
- 4200-RPM-like battery consumption enables higher productivity.
- Robust design and high shock tolerance enable mobility in rugged laptop operating environments.
- Mainstream laptop PCs
- Tablet PCs
- External 2.5-inch drives
- MP3 players
- Printers and copiers
- Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) motor,
- Adaptive Battery Life Extender (ABLE),
- TrueTrack servo technology,
- Hitachi Voltage Efficiency Regulator Technology (HiVERT)