Hitachi 2.5-inch hard drive that leads the industry with 18% faster sequential and up to 17% random performance than the nearest competitor.The high-performance SAS 6Gb/s interface delivers data reliability, availability and scalability and is the only small form factor SAS drive in the industry to pack a bufferfor optimized read/write response time.
Best-in-Class Power Performance
Power management innovations designed enable industry leading power efficiency,up to 28% better than competing drives,and translate into reduced power requirements and lower cooling costs.The HGST tradition of environmental leadership with its halogen-reduced components and focus on low power consumption, and carries the HGST EcoTrac classification.
Driving the Small Form Factor Transition
Hitachi HDD delivers a massive 900GB of storage space and enabling lower total cost of ownership formany enterprise environments,especially networked storage arrays.When faced withspace and power limitations, this is an efficient solution for online transactionprocessing, intensive data analysis and multi-user applications. These self-encrypting models are designed to the Trusted Computing Group’s Enterprise ASecurity Subsystem Class encryption specification and allow customers to reduce costs associated with drive retirement and extend drive life by enabling swift and secure repurposing of drives.
- Advanced Power Management technology
- Automatic Defect Reallocation (ADR)
- Dual Stage Actuator (DSA)
- End-to-end data protection (ANSI)
- High-Performance Computing (HPC)
- Instant Secure Erase (ISE)
- Iterative Detection Read Channel (IDRC) technology
- LDPC error correction, Online Transaction Processing (OLTP)
- Repeatable Run Out (RRO) fields
- Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS)
- Tagged Command Queuing (TCQ)
- Tied Spindle Motor
- Workload detector technology
- Advanced format 512e
- media caching technology
This drive is compatible with any server that supports SFF (small form factor SAS drives.)