The Seagate Savvio 15K.3 drive enables OEMs to build solutions that help data centers process more transactions within a given time frame and meet IT service level agreements. This helps companies increase revenue generation, improve customer satisfaction and complete critical business processes faster while keeping data safe. It also provides the performance benefits needed to entice customers to migrate from legacy, 3.5-inch drives to higher-performing 2.5-inch drives.
Key Features and Benefits
- Doubles Tier 1 data storage capacity (up to 300 GB)
- Provides up to 21% improvement in sequential data read/write performance over prior generation
- Delivers up to 3% faster random read and up to 4% faster random write performance vs. prior generation, and up to 10% faster random read and up to 8% faster random write performance vs. legacy 3.5-inch 15K drives1
- Improves scalability and reliability with 6Gb/s SAS interface support
- Supports Protection Information (PI) to help ensure data is not changed from what the user created—from the moment the data is created throughout the life of the data2
- Improves reliability by up to 20% with an annualized failure rate (AFR) of 0.44%
- Instant Secure Erase™ feature cryptographically erases the data encryption key, thereby helping to protect data should drives be lost, stolen or retired.
- Eases transition from legacy 3.5-inch, 15K drives to next-generation 2.5-in, 15K drives
- Unified Storage architecture minimizes system complexity and reduces operating costs.
- Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) option helps data centers be compliant with corporate and federal data security mandates.3
All SAS compatible servers including (This list is not all inclusive)
Dell PowerEdge 1900, 1950, 1955, 2900, 2950, 6900, 6950 Servers and MD1120 Storage Arrays.
BL20p G4, BL460c, BL465c, BL480c, DL360 G4p, DL360 G5, DL380 G4, DL380 G5, DL385, DL385 G2, DL580 G3, DL580 G4, DL585, DL585 G2, ML350 G5, ML370 G4, ML370 G5, ML570 G3, ML570 G4