All-in-one backup solution for Small and Medium-sized (SMB) Businesses
The all-in-one backup appliance integrates WD Arkeia™ network backup software, disks configured in RAID-6 for disk backup, dual redundant power supplies, and dual redundant network connectivity for cloud replication. By delivering award-winning software as a network backup appliance, WD Arkeia provides a scalable network backup solution that is ideal for sites with minimal IT staff. WD Arkeia offers the enterprise-class capabilities—features, platform support, and web-based interface—necessary to reduce deployment complexity and ensure ease of administration.
Secure Storage on Disk, Tape, and Cloud
WD Arkeia backup servers support direct backup to disk and tape with replication to disk, tape, and public or private clouds. WD Arkeia supports all storage devices that respect the SCSI II standard—over 600 devices and virtually all tape drives, autoloaders, and libraries.
WD Arkeia can optionally encrypt your data (AES-256) at the source, guaranteeing secure transmission over the LAN, even to remote storage. We even write on every backup tape the C-language source code to restore your data. So, even if you’ve lost your WD Arkeia appliance, you’ll still be able to restore your data.
Easy to Deploy; Easy to Administer
Configure and administer the products using either our web-based graphical user interface or our command-line interface (CLI). Operations can be performed identically through either interface, offering administrators the utmost flexibility in management.
Upgrading your appliance firmware to benefit from the latest WD Arkeia features is easy because you don’t have to upgrade backup agents on the client machines when you upgrade your backup servers.
Fast Backups and Restores
WD Arkeia employs several advanced technologies to achieve optimal performance. For example, one WD Arkeia backup server can simultaneously back up as many as 200 clients—even for backups made direct-to-tape. WD Arkeia accelerates restores by writing (but never overwriting) the precise files required to meet the target recovery point. Client-side (“source-side”) deduplication, encryption, and compression distribute the load across many client machines, accelerating these CPU-intensive tasks. WAN replication of deduplicated backup sets only moves blocks that are not already at the replication destination.
WD Arkeia protects all major virtualized environments, including VMware vSphere®, Microsoft Hyper-V®, and Citrix XenServer®, as well as over 200 different physical platforms, including Linux, Windows®, AIX®, BSD®, HP-UX®, Mac OS X®, Netware®, and Solaris® platforms. For complete list, visit: www.arkeia.com/platforms.
- Plug-and-play installation
- Easy administration via intuitive web user interface
- Integrated LTO-5 tape drive, preconfigured as a backup target
- 24 TB of raw disk storage, configured as a single 8 TB or 16 TB volume in RAID-6
- Basic Agent Bundle to protect any number of physical platforms (Windows®, Linux, Mac®, Novell®, Solaris®,
- AIX®, HP-UX®, BSD)
- One-click firmware updates
- Four 1 Gbps Ethernet ports (redundant or bonded)
- Dedicated IPMI port
- Remote management capabilities ideal for remote or branch office
- Progressive Deduplication™ reduces data volumes, speeds backup and replication
- Small and medium sized organizations
- Environments that require high-reliability, but have minimal resources for software installation and maintenance
- Providing fast backups using WD Arkeia’s patented Progressive DeduplicationTM
- Environments that require multiple backup servers to be managed by a single console (remote or onsite)
- Physical and Virtual Environments
- Windows, Linux and Mac OS Environments
- Disaster recovery with hybrid-cloud backup
|Manufacturer:||Western Digital Corporation|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||WDBGND0240LSL-WESN|
|Manufacturer Website Address:||https://www.wdc.com|
|Product Name:||Arkeia RA4300T 24TB Backup Appliance w/Integrated LTO-5 Tape Drive|
|Product Type:||NAS Storage System|
|Number of Hard Drives Supported:||6|
|Total Hard Drive Capacity Installed:||24 TB|
Processor & Chipset
|Processor Core:||Quad-core (4 Core)|
|Standard Memory:||32 GB|
Network & Communication
|Ethernet Technology:||Gigabit Ethernet|
|Number of Total Expansion Bays:||6|
|Controller Type:||3Gb/s SAS|
|Total Number of USB Ports:||2|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports:||2|
Management & Protocols
Power Description220 V AC
|Input Voltage:||110 V AC|
|Height:||3.54" (89.92 mm)|
|Width:||17.32" (439.93 mm)|
|Depth:||25.59" (649.99 mm)|
|Weight (Approximate):||28.94 kg|
|Country of Origin:||Germany|